Eureka Creative Problem Solving
The Eureka program offers facilitated creative problem solving. If you or your organization is struggling with a complex challenge and are in need of fresh ideas, the Eureka program helps you think outside of the box to find new solutions.
Eureka works for anyone who:
- Has tried to solve a problem, but haven’t quite cracked the code.
- Wants to think creatively to develop new solutions, products or services
- Is facing obstacles and hasn’t found a path forward.
- Needs to adjust to changing market demands, culture change, or business environments.
Eureka at a Glance
This isn’t just another idea generation session. The program looks different for each participant and isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution. Expert mentors tailor the Eureka session based on the challenge . Here’s what you can expect:
First, you meet with a UND Center for Innovation Eureka facilitator. We’ll learn more about you and your organization, the challenge you’re facing, and what needs you’re working to meet.
Our team will reflect on the introductory meeting and craft a tailored Eureka program. We have a team of ten mentors and will assign one or more to facilitate your sessions. Mentors are from notable partnering organizations, with a wide array of backgrounds, talents, and expertise – and they also have incredible experience with design thinking! Sessions can take place in as little as a half day, but may require up to two days of guided problem-solving.
Sessions In Action
We’ll work with your schedule and take you through a four-step solution-generating process:
- Clarify: We’ll help you define your challenge and determine the problems you’re facing.
- Ideate: We’ll get you out of your normal thinking routines to explore new ideas.
- Develop: We’ll filter your ideas and refine them to lead you to innovative solutions.
- Implement: We’ll identify the resources you need to implement your best concepts.
What’s an idea without a plan of action? Jump Start doesn’t just offer idea generation. Your team can walk away with creative solutions AND a tangible action plan with an implementation strategy. Depending on the solutions created, we may also provide referrals to further develop or implement your ideas.